Moisture on or near the touchscreen should be avoided. Wipe the screen gently with a clean, soft, and dry cloth.
Ensure your device is connected to the internet when updating the XP1 software.
Preventative maintenance is crucial for maintaining the function and safety of the XP1. For commercial consumers, your facility must follow written guidelines for preventative maintenance and keep written or digital records of the maintenance performed on the equipment.
Visual inspections of your OxeFit XP1 unit(s) will ensure a safe environment and alert you of any issues that may require maintenance prior to equipment failure. Thorough visual inspections are a critical component of the long-term care of your XP1. Contact OxeFit Support immediately for replacement parts.
In addition to the following preventive maintenance, please keep all open beverages away from the XP1 to ensure proper maintenance and safe usage of your equipment.
- Verify that the Adjustable Rack Arms can be raised and lowered. As the rack moves, listen for unusual sounds, such as squeaks and grinding sounds. Report any issues to support immediately.
- Make sure that each adjustment pin inserts completely into each position. Always engage the Safety Rack Posts when exercises are performed.
- Inspect carabiners to verify that the latch is properly working and the plastic handle has no damage.
- Cables should be inspected weekly for damages, including fraying, abrasion, signs of wear, twisting, or excessive rubbing.
- Ensure proper maintenance of your device, cables, motor timing, and motor calibration by performing the following procedure once a week:
1. Power down the XP1 using the power switch located on the back of the device. NOTE: Your XP1 may have a power switch located at the bottom of the back panel or a breaker-style power switch located slightly higher. Please see How do I turn off the XP1? for more information.
2. With the cables attached to the barbell, extend the cables to their full extension (total cable length exiting the system should be about 15 feet) towards the front of the device.
3. Inspect the cables for wear, abrasion, and fraying before slowly releasing the cables.
4. Power the device back on before pressing Initialize to allow the motors to wind the cables slowly.
NOTE: This procedure will prompt a Problem Detected. However, this is not a cause for concern in this instance.
5. When the cables are fully spooled and the clips have reached a hard stop, press Restart to allow your XP1 to initialize properly.
If you notice any signs of issues, including wear, abrasion, and/or fraying, discontinue using the XP1 and contact support immediately.
- Inspect all accessories for wear or damage and replace them as needed.
- Inspect upholstery for wear or damage and replace it as needed.
- Inspect pulleys for integrity, cracking, or rubbing leading to excessive wear. Any incident of wear should elicit immediate replacement of the damaged pulley.